Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Football, Wrestling... Volleyball :-)

Ok, so we are still in the midst of watching football. There is a battle out east where all my maternal family members are... it depends which uncle (and I have several with my momma having 9 brothers and sisters) you talk to or my pop-pop as to which team you hear the most about :-) Pop-pop is all for the Pittsburgh Steelers, then there are uncles for the Baltimore Ravens and others for the Philadelphia Eagles. I really don't have a strong pull one way or the other in regards to the teams, however... I am sure my grandpa would be totally thilled to throw it in my uncles faces that HIS team made it and THEIR's didn't :-) Go Steelers :-)

Wrestling, as usual is keeping us busy! We try to hit a tournament each weekend, however that is virtually impossible unless we travel far and wide. We did tend to stay busier when my sister's two boys wrestled as we tried to get over into Illinois for a couple tournaments to be able to watch my nephews and see their family. However, they gave up wrestling this year... so we don't make the IL trips as we have the past two years. Wrestling is the longest sport that the kiddo's are in... thankfully it is my most favorite :-)

Volleyball... gosh I have not played in years. I played in high school... hhmmmm I graduated almost 17 years ago, WOW!!! (1992 for those of you trying to do the math) Then I played on a church league for a few years... it was an all girls team and we were pretty competitive! Then I gave birth to our first born (12 years ago)... and this ole body has been less and less active ever since :-( It is starting to show! Well, our church has a volleyball team and we got the call tonight that they need players... so I better start doing something to get a bit more physically fit than what I am... or I will be in a lot of pain! I look forward to the competition... not so much a Christian attribute... but it is ingrained within!

Let the games begin... or is it continue... one sport right after the next!!

No comments: