




Well, this past week in our Science class... as we continue to learn about birds, the children were to make their own bird nest. So after we were done with all our book learning, they eagerly went outside to begin to build a nest. They talked among each other about what they should use, one of the children ran back inside to get "something" when I inquired about their activities. I had to let them know that the birds couldn't fly into the house to collect items for their nest, so out they went. I thought their cup nest turned out very well, muddy hands and all :-)
The rains did mess it up a bit, the following day, but it is still in the tree and might hold up to be used this spring for some bird family, we are anxiously waiting to see.
This spring we will also set out some fun items like shredded paper, bottle caps, fabric in small shreds, and such to see if we can find out "household items" in a nest somewhere around the yard!
We are having so much fun with Apologia Zoology 1!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment