Yesterday we did some of the main subjects for school of the morning, along with the chores that just need to be done daily. Then we headed off to take part in a "community service" project. Some friends in town had purchased a home awhile back and their oldest son's room never got painted. So we joined forces and painted the day away :-) It looked very nice and since their son was away all day, when he arrived home that afternoon, it was basically done and he was thrilled! It was fun spending the day together and doing a good deed also!! The kiddo's did all kinds of things together, from making "houses" in the backyard to playing games and just spending time together. It was a good day!
Brekyn had a couple of the girls over to our house once we headed home in the late afternoon and they played even more together. We took them home around 8pm last night as we headed to yet another friends house to watch the Red Skins get their booties kicked by the Steelers! Oh well... it was fun watching the game and I am sure my Pop-Pop was happy!! We don't subscribe to any cable/satellite so we don't get to watch Monday Night Football unless we are invited to our friends :-) Thanks Walkers' for the use of your TV!!
Today is just another gorgeous day!!! We are finishing up Math and Language Arts this morning and will soon be eating lunch and moving along with Science and History :-) Since I need to get out to vote, I may just ride my bike to head out to the poles and then to the library. Corben needs another certain book for his Literature Study. I am loving this weather and am sad that it will only be here for a short time longer :-( Unfortunately, Brekyn is not feeling well... she has gotten sick a couple times and is just not ready to get up or we could make it a family outing. I tucked her all in and she is taking it easy right now. Uugghhh, I feel so bad for her!!
Sean mowed the front lawn yesterday for the last time this year... he will do the back today. It is hard getting used to the time change... darkness came at like 5:15 last night. A couple of the boys took off to play football with some friends and I said be home around 5-5:30... They did good and were home at like 5:15, but it was already darker than I like for them to be out in. So it will be 5 tonight.
Well, I have a list of To Do's Today...
Vote
Clean Van/Vacuum Van
Finish Laundry
Library for book
Call Vet Dink needs a check up Appt.
Load van up with Goodwill stuff
I am sure there are more... but I haven't added them to the list yet, they will pop into my head throughout the day :-)
Have a most wonderful day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment