Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Making Cookies Just for Fun...






The other day while Corben was eating breakfast, Rice Crispie's, his favorite cereal... he noticed several recipes on the back of the box. This led to mom, can we make cookies?? Well, being the good mom that I am (hehehe), I said sure, we had nothing planned for that day, so school would continue after the cookie making session. So he recruited his sister and away they went. I checked in a couple times, but really my children have come to be great cooks :-) They may ask a question or two during their baking sessions, but they do so well. Once the batter was mixed and ready for the pan, Griffin stepped in to do the dipping. Then the cookies were left to themselves... IN THE OVEN. I really should have gotten a picture of the little black coasters that were to be yummy cookies, but I was too worried about getting them outside along with that yucky smell!!! So we had a talk about when we make cookies they need to be followed to the VERY END!! We did enjoy cookies for several days and the ones that made it through the oven were quite good :-) More memories...

1 comment:

Porters said...

Too funny! I was thinking about doing something like this with my kids for our blog, but haven't gotten around to it yet! Maybe I will with holiday baking coming up!