Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our 7 inches of rain...

A few weeks ago we had just over 7" of rain. This caused our ditches, yard, and drainage ditch to fill up and slowly drain. The kids had a ball with all the water! Daddy and Mommy were worried it might start to run into the lower level of our split level home :-( PRAISE GOD... we didn't get any water in the house!!!

The kids and dogs played for hours in the water! A few days later they found a large snapping turtle in the drainage ditch. Lane butchered it for us (or should I say for the kids and Ed, as I don't plan to even taste it!). He is now in the freezer waiting to become a meal, I think I will have to plan a ladies night out!! We have pictures, but they were taken with our friends camera, so I will post them at a later date...









No comments: