Monday, October 27, 2008

Our TV Dinner experience... Our Funny of the Month!!!

Ok, I assume you all know what a TV Dinner is (I shouldn't assume, but it just seems like one of those "common sense" things) If not, you will soon! :-) Here is our Funny of the Month...

Sean is a member of the Civil Air Patrol (basically a junior branch of the military), anyway they have MRE's in their 24 hours pack. MRE's are basically a meal all in one package, but I believe it is all dehydrated... so in case of emergency the CAP member would have two meals to "live off of". So Sean put two in his backpack.

Well a few days later Corben and Logan were at the neighbors house just hanging out for a couple hours. Logan noticed MANY (he said like 20) red boxes of the same type shape in the freezer. When Logan asked what they were, Jacob (our neighbor boy) said, "They are TV Dinners, I eat them when I need to go to football practice or something or when dad is not home for dinner".

Well, Logan was still a bit baffled, because later that evening he said at dinner... Jacob has a lot of MRE's... He calls them his TV Dinners :-)

We had a great deal of laughing, Ed and I, over that comment as we quickly realized our children had no idea what a TV Dinner was :-) SO... while getting a few groceries at the local Jack & Jill, I noticed TV Dinners were on sale for $1 a piece. So, as any good mom would... since it was a learning experience :-), I purchased 5 TV Dinners of variety. The children were just thrilled, although it took some time deciding who got to eat which "dinner". I found it fascinating and HAD to take pictures of this whole new learning experience for our children!! It has been our Funny of the Month!!!

Sean cooking his 1st ever TV Dinner :-)

Everyone enjoying a "not so healthy" meal :-)

Logan chose pizza!

You see Brekyn and Sean eating.

Corben digging in!

So if you are still wondering what a TV Dinner is, it is basically an all in one meal that comes frozen. You pop it into the microwave and like 3-5 minutes later you are eating. These have been fun for the children, but not a good thing for the pocketbook with a family the size of ours :-) We plan to make them the meal that the children get to enjoy when mommy and daddy get a night out (and that only happens like once every other month or so)!!!

No comments: