Well today we accomplished a lot with school and such inside the house. It has been cold, cloudy, and rainy all day today. The children were able to play outside some this afternoon once the public school children were off the bus. Brekyn and Griffin decided to stay indoors. Sean spent the entire afternoon/evening in the garage. Corben and Logan played football with the neighbor boys, then they played basketball before coming inside for dinner. Ed joined Sean in the garage for about an hour before dinner and again for a couple hours after dinner. They are working on building a very large shelf, more like a platform to be able to store things off the floor. Friends of ours are in the process of remodeling their home due to the recent Iowa floods and they tore off the front porch. This gave Ed all kinds of idea's as to what the roof from their previous porch could be used for. I guess the platform for the garage won out in the end. It will free up a lot of garage floor space. The children are excited for they will get the workbench that is under the platform for "their own workshop/tools". It will be mostly Sean and Corben... but Logan has plans to ask for tools for Christmas this year :-) They are surly growing up quickly!!
Griffin and I ran a few errands this afternoon once school was finished. We had to buy more dog food, run to the library for a few books and some movies since the weather is not to be good the entire weekend, then on back home.
This evening was pretty relaxing as we were able to just hang out at the house, a pretty rare thing for us... or for ALL of us together anyway :-)
Well, I am off to bed to read for a bit. I am reading SARAH... a book about Sarah Palin written by Kaylene Johnson. It was at the library and when the kiddo's saw it, they said mom... it is Sarah Palin you should read it. So I have it... I need to get to reading it since it is due back in a week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment